Initial Board of Directors Meetings Held
2017 – 2nd Quarter Board of Directors Meeting
|The Rt. 66 Road Ahead Partnership Board of Directors held its 2017 2nd Quarter meeting on June 27, via teleconference. All Board members, except one, participated in the meeting, along with the Chairs of the organization’s five Working Groups.
Among other items, the Board adopted four policies, including:
Minutes of the 6/27/17 Board of Directors meeting, along with copies of the policies adopted at that meeting, are available in the Resource Section of this website.
Prior to the 6/27/17 Board meeting, the organization’s Executive Committee met for its first meeting. Members of the Executive Committee include:
2017 – Annual Meeting – 1st Board of Directors Meeting
Much ground was covered during the Road Ahead Partnership’s 1st Board meeting, held February 16-18 in Albuquerque, NM, including:
- Officers of the Board were elected: Bill Thomas, Chairman [Illinois], David Bricker, Vice Chairman [California], Renee Charles, Secretary [Kansas], Bill Kelly, Treasurer [Illinois]. Their terms are for one year.
- The Board formally reaffirmed the Road Ahead’s mission, outcomes, and organizational structure.
- Bylaws were finalized and adopted.
- The organization’s five Working Groups, each presented update reports.
- John Conoboy, Chairman of the Road Ahead’s National Historic Trail Task Force, provided an update report and welcomed Amy Webb and Grant Stevens, representatives from the National Trust for Historic Preservation, who were on hand to discuss opportunities for the Road Ahead and the Trust to work together to ensure Route 66 is designated a National Historic Trail.
- The Board discussed strategic opportunities presented by the introduction in Congress of HB66, a bill that would establish a national Rt. 66 100th Anniversary Commission.
- Emerson Vallo, Chairman of the Road Ahead’s Tribal Advisory Group [TAG], discussed the purpose of the TAG and ways it and the Road Ahead could collaborate.
Members of the Route 66 Road Ahead Partnership Board of Directors include:
- David Bricker – Chair of the Preservation Working Group
- Melissa Beasley – New Mexico Route 66 Association
- Renee Charles – Kansas Historic Route 66 Association/Rt. 66 Association of Kansas
- Larry Clonts – Texas Old Route 66 Association
- David Dunaway – Chair of the Research & Education Working Group
- Sharlene Fouser – Arizona Route 66 Scenic Byway Program
- Jeff Fulgenzi – Chair of the Economic Development Working Group
- Bill Kelly – Chair of the Promotion Working Group
- John Miller – Illinois Route 66 Association
- Brad Nickson – Oklahoma Route 66 Association
- Tommy Pike – Route 66 Association of Missouri
- Scott Piotrowski – California Historic Rt. 66 Association
- Bill Thomas – Chairman of the Board of Directors
Minutes of the 1st Board of Directors meeting are available in the Resource Section of this website.